Join us in Israel and provide humanitarian aid by lending a helping hand to the underprivileged of Tel Aviv- Yafo. Alongside up to twenty international volunteers you’ll assist in much needed food preparation, packaging and distribution.
Tel Aviv- Yafo is Israel’s largest metropolitan area and is situated on the beautiful Mediterranean shoreline – a location that attracts tourists from all over the world! The project is based in South Tel Aviv, an area with historic architecture and style, yet known for its low socio-economic status and is the center for Israel’s refugee community.
Volunteers will work at a food preparation and distribution center that was established to help put a stop to food insecurity by distributing hundreds of food packages to the homes of poor families and provides lunches to 1000 schoolchildren all over Tel Aviv- Yafo. The center was established in association with the Municipality of Tel Aviv’s Welfare Department and has been running for 25 years, operated mainly by volunteers.
Volunteers should expect to work Sunday through Thursday for about 6 hours daily.
Orientation in Jerusalem
Orientation will begin on your day of arrival at 10:00AM at the Abraham Hostel located in the heart of Jerusalem. During orientation you’ll have the opportunity to meet different volunteers and travelers from all over the world and will be provided with the following:
- Preparation for your volunteer placement in Tel Aviv- Yafo
- 1 night stay in shared dormitory and breakfast at the hostel
- Walking tour of Jerusalem where you’ll visit the Old City and the well-known Machane Yehuda market
- A card for discounts around the city so that you can best experience the vibrant nightlife
- Expert advice for travel around Israel during and after your project
- Directions via public transportation to the Tel Aviv- Yafo placement
- Take advantage of the many different sites and areas that Tel Aviv has to offer; Yaffo, Florentine, the Old Train Station (Tachana), Jaffa Flea Market, Shuk ha Carmel (Carmel Market), Nachalat Binyamin Artists Market, Tel Aviv Port (Hanamal) and of course the many beautiful Mediterranean beaches. There’s always something going on in Tel Aviv. Between the many art museums, dancing and cultural events, shopping and nightlife, you’ll be sure to find your niche.
- Spend the weekend or take a daytrip to experience Israel’s vast and dynamic landscapes. Visit Haifa’s breathtaking Baha’i Gardens, hike through the Golan Heights, float in Dead Sea, sleep in Bedouin tents under the stars, climb Mount Masada and swim in the cool waters of Ein Gedi.
- Meet locals and like-minded volunteers from across the globe on this once-in-a-lifetime unforgettable adventure!
2 - 8 weeks
- Ages 18 – 70
- Basic English
- Closed-toed shoes
- Immunizations (consult with your doctor)
- Independence, flexibility and ability to work in a team
Project Fees Include
- Pre-Departure Kit
- Living Accommodations (shared dormitory at the Overstay TLV hostel located between South Tel Aviv and Jaffa)
- Breakfast at the hostel
- Orientation and all required training upon arrival
- Local staff and 24 hour emergency support
- Travel and medical insurance
- Access to hostel facilities: Wi-Fi, fully-equipped kitchen, safety lockers, outdoor garden area with pool, movie projector and sound system, roof top lounge with outdoor bar, couches and a great city view
For more information and to apply visit our Social Food Program in Tel Aviv page.