Join us in Tel Aviv where you’ll enjoy the city like a local and gain hospitality experience while volunteering in the fun environment of the Overstay TLV hostel! The hostel sits between South Tel Aviv – known for its art scene, the old city of Yafo and the stunning Mediterranean Sea. This area has become known for its low socio-economic status and is the center of the refugee community. The area boasts varied styles of historic architecture and as the largest metropolitan area in Israel, Tel Aviv – Yafo has so much to explore! The popular Mediterranean coastline itself is enough to attract tourists from all over the world.
The hostel’s exceptionally fun and friendly staff will make you feel welcomed and with such an ideal location, a rooftop to enjoy and fun and easygoing vibes, you are sure to have a good and unforgettable time. Working at the hostel you’ll become a fundamental part of the staff contributing to various jobs necessary in running the hostel while ensuring that guests experience the sociable hospitality and exciting Israeli culture. During your stay on the project you’ll be involved in a variety of tasks such as the planning, promotion and execution of social events (such as taking guests out on pub crawls), serving breakfast and serving in the bar, light cleaning of the hostel’s common areas, guiding tourists to daily activities and reception work.
Volunteers should expect to work 6 hours daily 5 days each week and must be able to work weekends and Shabbat.
- Explore Tel Aviv – Yafo and see for yourself what this amazing city has to offer: Shuk ha Carmel (Carmel Market), Nachalat Binyamin Artists Market, Jaffa Flea Market, Florentine, Tel Aviv Port (Hanamal), the Old Train Station (Tachana) and obviously all of the beautiful Mediterranean beaches. Between the many cultural and dancing events, nightlife, art museums and shopping places, you’re sure to find your niche.
- On your time off, travel around to other amazing Israeli destinations such as: the Golan Heights, Haifa’s Baha’i Gardens, Jerusalem, The Negev and Arava deserts, Ein Gedi, Mount Masada, the Dead Sea and the Red Sea in Eilat.
- Meet local Israelis and other like-minded volunteers from across the globe on this once-in-a-lifetime, unforgettable opportunity!
6 - 10 weeks
- Ages 20- 35
- Good English (other languages are a plus!)
- Travel and medical insurance
- Open-mindedness, independence, flexibility, maturity as well as the motivation and desire to work with tourists
Project Fees Include
- Pre-Departure Kit
- Orientation in Jerusalem
- Accommodations at the hostel (basic rooms shared between volunteers and guests)
- Basic breakfast and fully-equipped kitchen available for your use
- Local staff, 24 hour emergency support and 24/7 reception and help desk
- Access to hostel amenities: safety boxes and lockers (bring own lock), outdoor garden area with pool, projector and sound system, rooftop lounge with couches and bar. Free Wi-Fi, access to hostel’s bikes, laundry machines, participation in hostel events, accommodation in other hostels during days off and lower prices on drinks.
For more information and to apply visit our Hospitality Experience in Tel Aviv page.