Come along to Tuli in South-Eastern Botswana where you will work alongside up to ten other international volunteers to learn about, track and monitor the wildlife, including Africa’s big five, in its natural environment - the African wilderness. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to educate and share their insight with the locals and youth of the area on the wealth of the environment and the importance of conservation.
About a six hour drive from Johannesburg, the project location is very remote. When entering the southern end of the country you can see the Limpopo River encircled by the lush, green flora that makes up the open plains.
During your shifts you will research and document the many mammals and migrating wildlife of the reserve including lions, giraffe, elephants, cheetahs, leopards, hyenas and several types of birds. You will also identify the different flora and fauna that exist on the reserve. The game reserve operation that participants work with has been running for over eight years. Its main goal is to positively impact and conserve the delicate balance of the ecosystems in the area.
- Live on an incredible game reserve tracking and documenting the wildlife that lives there and contributing to the local community through educational outreach.
- Discover. Plan outings in Botswana and other neighboring African countries. Experience the Okavango Delta, seen as one of Africa’s seven wonders which attracts numerous migrating animals or visit Chobe National Park which has the largest amount of animals in all of Africa!
- Meet locals and other like-minded volunteers from across the globe on this once in a lifetime, outstanding adventure!
2 – 8 weeks
- Ages 18 - 70
- Good English
- Good character and respect for animals and the community
Project Fees Include
- Pre-Departure Kit
- Airport Transfers on dates of arrival and departure
- Room and board (shared accommodation in authentic thatched African bungalows on project grounds and 3 meals daily)
- Orientation and required training upon arrival
- Local staff and 24 hour emergency support
For my information and to apply visit our Botswana - Wildlife Tracking and Conservation Park page.