Come join us on this unparalleled, one of a kind African, Zimbabwe adventure where the passions for art, expression, animals and environment coincide! Work alongside up to ten other volunteers from across the globe to photograph and conduct vital research in some of the most remarkable settings on Earth! These awe-inspiring parks of Southern Africa offer some of the most ideal photo opportunities without question.
The project is located in Zimbabwe’s Zambezi and Victoria Falls National Parks. Accommodations are set on the banks of the Zambezi River where hippos and elephants are known to roam.
Zambezi National Park, stretched along the Zambezi River, is home to iconic animals such as lions, elephants, hippos, cheetahs, leopards, buffalo, bushbucks, duikers, genets, honey badgers, spotted hyenas, African wild dogs and antelope species like the greater kudus, waterbucks and sables.
At Victoria Falls National Park, an UNESCO World Heritage site, you can witness the crashing waters of Mosi-oa-Tunya and trek through the humbling equatorial jungle where many different plant species including ferns, liana vines, ilala palms, figs and mahogany grow. Many types of animals such as baboons and bushbucks also stray here.
In order to protect these indispensable ecosystems the project strives to collect data and practice conservation through collaboration between the Zimbabwe Parks Authority and several wildlife organizations.
On a typical day volunteers should expect to be up bright and early! You may depart the base to photograph the landscapes and wildlife around you. Alongside our practiced team you could work on various research, data collection, and conservation tasks. Subject to season, you could work on one or more of these different projects: National Park Management, Conservation Education, Biodiversity Assessment, Entomological Surveys, Large Predator Research, Elephant Research, or even Walk with Lions!Of course, between the many activities of the day you and your team will always have time to enjoy shared meals and discuss your daily undertakings.
- Live in, photograph, and help conserve one of the most astonishing and iconic places on Earth!
- Discover some of the other incredible opportunities Africa’s “adrenaline capital” has to offer. Bungee and gorge jumping, skydiving, horse-back and elephant-back rides, helicopter rides over the falls, hikes, canoeing and white water rafting are just some of the countless activities available to participants on their free time at an extra cost.
- Meet locals and like-minded volunteers from across the globe on this adventure of a lifetime!
Min 4 weeks - Max 8 weeks
- Ages 18 – 70
- Basic level of English
- Interest in photography and African wildlife
- Good physical fitness
- Police clearance form
- **Participants must bring their own photography equipment
Project Fees Include
- Pre-Departure Kit
- Medical and insurance with volunteer abroad coverage
- Airport Transfers on day of arrival
- Orientation and required training upon arrival
- Local staff and 24 hour emergency support
- Room and board (shared cottages on the banks of the Zambezi River and 3 meals daily served at the cottages and prepared by our staff)
- Three day photography course (overview of concepts including aspects of aesthetic, technicality and post processing procedure)
For more information and to apply visit our Zimbabwe: Wildlife Photography and Conservation in Victoria Falls page.