Visit the UK to provide humanitarian aid to people living with a variety of disabilities on this long term volunteering experience! Some of the activities you’ll enjoy with our guests include outings, boat trips, beauty treatments, classes, watching TV, bingo, quizzes, karaoke, having meals and drinks, arts and crafts and live music.
The project has three centers:
Southampton – Situated in central south England, this center sits on the South Coast overlooking Southampton Water among beautifully landscaped gardens. Immerse yourself into the maritime tradition and explore the historic region’s many attractions.
Chigwell, Essex – This location is ideal to explore London as it is just north of the brilliant city. Visit the nearby Epping Forest and the South East’s many picturesque towns and lovely seaside resorts.
Southport – Set in North-West England near the seaside, this center boasts impressive Victorian boardwalks and colonnades. Travel from the remarkable Lake District to animated Liverpool is easily accessible from this here.
Volunteer work consists of socializing, interacting with and supporting the guests. You'll assist with personal care roles and occasionally with physical work. Volunteers who stay for over a month and those with prior experience in care-giving can help with more intimate tasks such as helping guests dress and undress or brush their teeth. Volunteers are welcome to work at their comfort level.
- Make a difference in the lives of those living with disabilities.
- Explore some of the UK's best travel destinations.
- Meet locals and other like-minded international volunteers on this once-in-a-lifetime unforgettable adventure!
1 - 6 months
- Ages 16 - 80
- Good English
- Background check
- 2 positive references (not from personal friends or relatives)
- Willingness to work hard, learn and get involved
Project Fees Include
- Pre-Departure Kit
- Travel and medical insurance
- Orientation and all necessary training upon arrival
- Full room and board (shared accommodations at centers, 3 meals daily and access to cooking facilities and refrigeration)
- Access to free Wi-Fi and laundry machines
- Local staff and 24 hour emergency support
For more information and to apply visit our UK: Supporting People with Disabilities page.