Gain and develop hospitality experience firsthand at Rome’s most lively and exciting youth hostel. You will become a dynamic part of the enthusiastic and fun staff, living as a local and meeting and greeting guests traveling from all over the world!
The project is located in the heart of Rome, Italy at the Yellow Hostel, rated best party hostel of 2013! Come and experience some of the most amazing food, architecture, art and museums that the world has to offer!
Volunteers should expect to work 7 – 8 hour shifts which could start as early as 8am or end as late as 3am. Work includes administration, reception, providing information to tourists, leading tours and serving at the bar. Some of the excursions you might take guests out on include anything from art exhibits to sporting events. You will have 2 days off each week with some flexibility and plenty of free time to explore.
- Discover the Roman Empire at the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.
- Toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain.
- Climb The Spanish Steps and see the chic boutiques of the surrounding area such as Gucci, Prada and Valentino.
- Experience the humbling Pantheon and take a stroll through all the beautiful Piazzas that Rome has to offer.
- Visit the Vatican City to see St. Peter’s Square and Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and maybe even catch a glimpse of the Pope!
- Make an outing to explore Italy’s other unique and amazing cities!
6 – 10 weeks
- Ages 18 - 35
- Good English (Italian and other languages are very helpful)
- Someone who is organized and responsible
- Personable, fun and outgoing individual that enjoys interacting with others
Project Fees Include
- Pre-Departure Kit
- Room and board (shared dormitory accommodation in the hostel and 3 meals daily)
- Orientation and all required training upon arrival
- Local staff and 24 hour emergency support
- Laundry services
- Access to all hostel facilities (Internet, lounge, outdoor lounge, TV, Xbox, library, kitchen and bar)
- Walking tours throughout Rome (Papal Rome, The Historic Center and Fun Night Tour)
For more information and to apply visit our Italy: Rome International Hospitality Experience page.