The project provides a variety of placements, aiming to increase the quality of life for local communities through support and education. Placements offer experience working in orphanages, local schools, community development programs, educational and sports coaching placements, and renovation and painting. This is a chance for volunteers to immerse themselves in Ghanaian culture while working side by side with locals and contributing directly to community initiatives.
Volunteers get weekends off allowing ample time to explore attractions in and around the city. Tours can be organized to the Mole National Park, Larabanga ancient Mosque, Paga Crocodile Ponds, and Kintampo Waterfalls.
2 - 12 weeks
- Ages 18 - 100
- Good English
- Police clearance form
- Full travel and medical insurance
- Motivation to experience new cultures and work with children
Project Fees Include
- Pre-Departure Kit
- Orientation and all necessary training upon arrival
- Accommodation (local in home-stays)
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Local staff and 24 hour emergency support
For more information and to apply visit our Ghana: Teaching and Orphanage Work page.