Come explore Kenya's natural beauty while giving back to communities in need! Volunteer with either local schools or orphanages to provide care and education to underprivileged children in Kenya, inspiring them to grow and set attainable goals for their futures.
This project takes place in Limuru and its surrounding areas, which have free public elementary schools for the local children, though they are often under-staffed, under-resourced, and over-crowded. The aim of this project is to provide these schools with bright, enthusiastic, and creative volunteers to support the schools in emphasizing the importance and value of education to the community and children with which our volunteers interact.
Volunteers may also be working in an orphanage, built to support children affected by HIV/AIDS, poverty, physical or emotional abuse, or illness. The children here, ages 4-15, are in dire need of care and affection from the volunteers. Some of the children are developmentally delayed and benefit greatly from the individual attention volunteers are able to provide in regards to promoting development at their own pace.
- Full room and board are provided during the stay
- All airport transfers are arranged and included
- Make a difference in the lives of Kenyan children looking for positive role models
- Meet locals and like-minded volunteers from around the world
- Minimum age 17 years old
- Police background check
- Motivation for working with kids
- Able to work well with others
- Flexible attitude and ability to adapt to new environments
For more information and to apply visit our Kenya: Teaching and Orphan Care page.