Come experience the vibrant city of Porto, Portugal and be a part of a dynamic, fun environment working amongst traveling enthusiasts such as yourself from all around the world! Contribute to the hospitality that this small, fourth-best hostel in the world provides its guests on a daily basis.
This project takes place at the Porto Spot Hostel, ranked the number 4 small hostel in the world by hostelworld. Interns will get to experience what life is really like in Porto by spending their time helping out around the hostel while also getting to know the area like a local.
Interns will have the opportunity to meet interesting guests from all over the world; gain invaluable experience in hospitality, marketing, tourism development, and customer service; and provide any of their own unique contributions to the hostel’s community.
Interns will be involved in several activities such as:
- Welcoming/assisting guests at reception
- Serving breakfast in the morning
- Serving in the bar at night
- Light cleaning tasks around the hostel
- Helping organize hostel-wide events such as pub crawls or walking tours
- Interns with cooking experience will be able to help prepare dinner for the social events organized regularly for the guests
- Accommodations are provided throughout your stay, with breakfast provided on working days
- Get to know the ancient history of Porto, a fascinating city
- Meet friendly locals as you get to know the ins and outs of the city
- Meet other travelers from all over the world passing in and out of the hostel
- Ages 20-30
- Outgoing, friendly personality
- Good level of English (Portuguese and/or Spanish is a plus)
- High level of independence, motivation, flexibility
- Great communication skills
For more information and to apply visit our Portugal: Porto Hospitality Internship page.