Come experience the beautiful islands of Fiji while contributing to an educational initiative to help the communities there become more self-sufficient.
Education is one of the most fundamental and crucial ways to make an impact on a struggling community. To empower the young generation on the Nacula Island to grow and develop intellectually and physically would ultimately be giving their community the necessary basics to thrive in the world. This program aims to give the people of the Nacula Island the tools to create a sustainable and rewarding life for themselves and their community on the island.
On this project, you will be working with young children from all over the island at the local government-funded school. English is the official language of the school, but is often not the language spoken at home, resulting in a lack of confidence in their English language skills.
As a volunteer, you will have multiple purposes in the school:
- Assist the teachers with their work load in planning and executing lessons and giving direct guidance to students in academic subjects such as English, Math, and Science.
- Give the students practice and experience conversing with a native English speaker in order to boost their confidence and get them speaking more.
- Prepare activities and lessons in Physical Education, Music, and Art - subjects which are included in the required curriculum but are often overlooked.
- Accommodations during your stay are provided
- 3 meals a day are provided
- Airport transfers provided
- Explore the beautiful Fiji Islands on your time off
- Meet locals and like-minded volunteers from around the world on this experience of a lifetime!
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Police background check
- Motivation to work with children
- Good level English
- Ability to work well in a team
For more information and to apply visit our Fiji: Teaching Children of the Yasawa Islands page.