There are two social projects that participants may choose to volunteer with in the city of Valencia, Spain. One program is focused on working closely with children while the other is a community development project where volunteers assist with many different activities in a community center.
Working With Children
This social project is designed to assist children from disadvantaged backgrounds by tutoring them and assiting in after-school programs at a community center. These children have many difficulties in school and may not receive as much individual attention as they need from their teachers, parents, or relatives.
Volunteers get involved in a social integration project at a community center in a suburb of Valencia aimed at the promotion of equal opportunities and local development in disadvantaged communities, generating opportunities in social, cultural and employment fields, and encouraging social integration of immigrants and multiculturalism.
- Accommodations in a shared apartment in Valencia are provided for the duration of the program
- Possibility of taking a Spanish course while there, for an additional fee
- Airport pickup upon arrival
- Comprehensive travel and health insurance included during your project
- Meet locals and like-minded volunteers from all over the world on this experience of a lifetime!
For more information and to apply visit our Spain: Education and Development in Valencia page.