Volunteers on this project will participate in a 2 week intensive Spanish class in Cordoba, before moving on to various community development placements in the nearby towns.
These placements include:
Cordoba Community Center
Volunteers will work 5 days a week, around 4-6 hours per day. The work is usually in the morning, although help is sometimes needed in the afternoon as well. Normally weekends are free although you may be needed on special events and occasions.
Volunteer duties will include:
- Assisting in various kitchen duties
- Serving breakfast or lunch
- Setting up workshops and planning events
- Assisting the regular staff with routine duties
- Helping with the community closet
- General maintenance work
- Welcoming people to the organization
Here, volunteers will work 5 days a week, around 4 hours per day.
Volunteer tasks will include:
- Feeding and walking the animals
- Checking on the animals and their cages
- Processing new animals
- Assisting owners that are looking for their pets
- Providing assistance in the spaying/neutering of animals at the nearby vet clinic
- Setting up veterinary appointments
- Assisting with research activities
- Educating the community to protect the environment
Home for the Elderly
At this placement, volunteers will work 5 days a week, around 4-6 hours per day.
Volunteer duties may include:
- Providing friendship to the elderly and keeping them company
- Organizing cultural events and sports activities
- Going for walks and running errands with the residents
- Various kitchen duties
- Assisting with gardening and general maintenance
- Providing support to the existing staff
- Organizing music shows and games
- Assisting the residents in their daily tasks
- 2 week Spanish language intensive course with small classes (up to 7 people) for individualized learning
- Orientation with tours, cultural activities, and educational outings
- Accommodations in fully furnished house in Cordoba with internet access, fully equipped kitchen, cable T.V, weekly cleaning service
- Airport pickup upon arrival
- Comprehensive travel and medical insurance provided
- Meet locals and like-minded volunteers for the experience of a lifetime!
- Minimum age 18
- Beginner's Spanish
- Flexible attitude
- High level of independence
For more information and to apply visit our Argentina: Spanish Language and Community Projects in Córdoba page.