Come along to Thailand’s Sing Buri Province where your contributions to wildlife conservation initiatives will provide much needed aid to the Gibbons. The project aims to rescue injured and abused gibbons and provide a pleasant and safe habitat where they will live for the duration of their lives. If returned to the wild, the lives of the gibbons would be put at great risk.
The project is located about 500km north of Bangkok. It is adjacent to the Burma (Myanmar) border near Mae Sot, an area is known to be one of the most laid-back and easygoing regions of Thailand. The town’s distinct vibes come from the mix of Thai, Chinese and Burmese natives that live there.
It is vital to establish a mutual trust between people and the gibbons. The bulk of volunteer work consists of socializing and grooming the gibbons. You also may help with assisting with medical procedures, cleaning their enclosures, feeding, bathing and preparing their food.
During orientation, volunteers go on cultural tours in and around Singburi, Ayutthaya and Lopburi. On your free-time you should take advantage of all that Thailand has to offer.
- Submerge yourself into a new art and give Thai Boxing a try.
- Explore different areas around Thailand.
- Meet locals and like-minded volunteers from across the globe on this once-in-a-lifetime, unforgettable adventure!
2 – 8 weeks
- Ages 17-60 (it is possible to arrange family packages)
- Good English
- Immunizations (consult with your doctor), *rabies injection is strongly advised
- Ability to work in humidity and heat
- Desire to work with wildlife
Project Fees Include
- Pre-Departure Kit
- Airport transfers included on day of arrival (Sundays)
- Room and board (shared accommodations with Wi-Fi and 3 meals daily)
- Travel and medical insurance
- Orientation and CulturalWeek – includes many fun outings throughout the area
- Local staff and 24 hour emergency support
For more information and to apply visit our Thailand: Gibbon Primate Sanctuary page.